Monday, August 31, 2009

sunshine on the sea

When I originally envisioned our wedding reception, I imagined lots of sea greens and blues, since we're having our reception on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay. After realizing how overdone that palette is for seaside soirees, I decided to add in a punch of yellow and bit of muted gray to really make our decor pop. We'll be surrounded by a lot of steel and wood accents because our site is very modern. I think this works, in a wonderfully random, sunshine-on-the-sea sort of way. Do you agree?



Bouquet via flickr; Bride on Brides.com; Stamped envelope from Things Are Better With a Parrot; Invitation suite via Utterly Engaged; Morroccan tiles (my own); Succulent arrangement via Lauren & Mike's wedding; Cupcake decorations via Layer Cake Shop; Tabletop via Utterly Engaged; Glass at Ikea via flickr

No comments: