Wednesday, September 2, 2009

our save the dates

Our save the dates were made in about 3 hours after Mr. Starfish and I realized that his roommate had decided to get married on the same day as us (yes, drama ensued. more on that later) and I, in a bridezilla moment, decided we needed to get our save the dates out as soon as possible to mutual friends so they could commit to us first. Mature? No. Did the save the dates come out awesome? Yes.

Before I even decided on our color palette (see my earlier post) I knew I loved the look of vintage postcard invites, like these or these. I found a vintage Annapolis postcard on ebay, scanned it in, and then created the back, complete with designer fonts and a little bit of Martha flare. I sent them off to VistaPrint, and we had them in our hot little hands a week later!

the front

the back

No comments: